Header Ads

A Walking Dead


It was four years ago at a restaurant in Lekki, Ajah when I first met
Nneka. She looked so bright yet calm, beautiful and quite endearing. I
almost chewed my heart in my mouth at her first glance at me. I'm not
a fan of angels, I'd have said she was one that came for a tour on
earth. Her skin was shiny bright as a brimstone, her eyes glows like a
reflection of the sun.

Nothing could be compared to her adoring smile when I pull a chair in
front of her to sit. I was lost in the awesomeness of her soul lifting
smile. Not knowing that meeting her was more of a curse than a
blessing. I was enticed by my grave. I'm Mark I said with a soothing
voice, and she said her name was Nneka. I poured out all d flattery I
could come up with and all was met with a desirable smile, my mojo was
working. We exchanged phone numbers and I went back to the office with
a heart leaping for joy.

I called her up after the close of work and asked where she was
heading to, I was completely in awe when she said she lives in an
estate not too far from mine. I picked her up from her office and
drove down her apartment. This became and everyday affair and each
moment was filled with much love and affection, so I thought.

She was every man's dream and the envy of every woman in character and
beauty, but then, sometimes she makes me want to question her past and
who she's ever being with but the intense feelings for her often makes
me shove off the thought about her past, as far as I get her
attention, that's all that matters to me. Her mood swings could be
somewhat annoying and her routine monthly absent from work was quite
questionable but she's always got an excuse for everything and a
perfect answer to all question.

We grew inseparable and our love story was like a wild fire in
harmattan. It was a twist of fate three years into the relationship,
as my ever rising career met a stumbling block and glide towards a
deep. I was a serious preacher of abstinence, and damn me if I could
wait to have a taste of her honey pot. Nneka's perfect structure could
make any man loose his sense and I was greatful to my star that she
was mine.


I had already tasted the fruits of life and eating from the tree of
the knowledge of good and evil from the middle of her Eden, just two
months into the relationship and could not have heard the call of God
when he came for fellowship. The firmness of her breast was such a
great delight, sending neurological messages down my spine. Eating
from her cookie jar has became the norm in our relationship, until the
next promotion process at the office.

I was enlisted for the post of a regional manager and did the
necessary exams and test, medical and written. The almighty HIV test
was conducted and I came out positive. I've been with just one woman
(Nneka) all my life and I've tried all precautionary measures except
eating her fruits raw. I was devastated and told her about it the next
day so she could get tested, she cried and said she's wanted to tell
me since the first time we got laid that she has been a walking then
for two years before that day at the restaurant.

The idea that she knowingly got me infected killed me more than the
news of being positive to the deadly virus. Who would have known that
a pretty lady as that could be a walking dead. I broke up with her
afterwards and ever since I've joined the legion of the walking dead
in the world.

#Abstinencestillremainsthebestoption
#HIVnodeyshowforface

(C)daniel o'tega

No comments

OLA. Powered by Blogger.